DIR eligible Customers include Texas State Agencies, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. Our contracts cover a wide variety of information technology products and services, and are constantly expanding to meet the needs of our customers.
Disclaimer - Customer definitions and eligibilities are subject to legislative update.
Customer Eligibility List
- As defined by TGC 2054.003 (13), TGC 2151.002
- State agencies must purchase from a DIR contract TGC 2157.068
- Exemption requests can be submitted by State Agencies for certain purchases. Learn more about the exemption request process.
State Agencies are eligible to purchase under any of DIR's program areas.
- As defined by TEC 61.003
IHE's are eligible to purchase under any of DIR's program areas
For Telecom Services, IHE's must also:
1. Engage in distance learning, AND
2. Receive federal funds for distance learning initiatives per TGC 2170.004 (5)
K-12 School Districts are eligible to purchase under Cooperative Contracts, may be eligible to purchase under other program areas
- As defined by TGC 2054.003 (9)
Local Government organizations are eligible to purchase under any of DIR's program areas
- As defined by TGC 2054.0565
- Outside entities must first have an executed interstate cooperation contract (ICC) to purchase through DIR contracts (see current list of ICC's here)
Public Entities outside of Texas are eligible to purchase under Cooperative Contracts, may be eligible to purchase under other program areas
Other Types of Organizations TGC 2157.068
- County Hospital, Public Hospital, or Hospital District TGC 418.193
- Volunteer Fire Department Tax Code 152.001(11)
- Public Safety Entities 47 U.S.C. Section 1401
- LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority) TGC 2157.068, Special District Law Code Ch. 8503
- ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council of Texas) TGC 2157.068
- Texas Permanent School Fund Corporation
- Assistance Organizations TGC 2175.001
Other Organization types listed above are eligible to purchase under Cooperative Contracts, may be eligible to purchase under other program areas
Did you know?
DIR refers to the eligibility of Assistance Organizations as determined through the TxSmartBuy program administered by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA). For information on establishing your agency's membership as an Assistance Organization through CPA, please refer to the links below.
Customer eligibility can vary by contract and service area. Learn more about the Program Areas and the IT Products and Services that DIR has to offer.
- Hardware Products and Related Services
- Software Products and Related Services
- Technology Services
- Branded Contracts
- Data Center Services
- Technology Solution Services
- Texas Cloud
- Application Services
- Mainframe Services
- Print, Mail, and Digitization
- Security Operations
- Managed Security Services (MSS)
- Open Data Portal
- Wireless, Satellite, Conferencing, & Other Telecom Managed Services
- CCTS (Capitol Complex Telephone System) – Landline telephone and fax services for State Agencies in the Capitol Complex
- Network Security Monitoring, Alerting, and Analysis Services
- Network Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)
- Testing Services
- Controlled Penetration Testing (CPT)
- Web Application Vulnerability Scanning (WAVS)
- Vulnerability Scan