Systems Analyst V
Systems Analyst V
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army 25B, 255A; Navy IT, 182X, 682X, 782X; Coast Guard IT, ISM; Marine Corps 0171
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Operations Office/Program Operations/STS Operations
$5784.58 - $7708.33 / monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
This position may be eligible for flexible work hours and/or a hybrid work schedule if certain program guidelines are met; working arrangements may change at any time at the sole discretion of the agency.
300 West 15th Street, #1300 / Austin, Texas 78701
9500 Metric Blvd, Austin, Texas 78758
Refer Inquiries to:
People and Culture Office
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 463-5920
How To Apply:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply.
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps.
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at [email protected]
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Selective Service Registration:
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
H-1B Visa Sponsorship:
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodation.
What We Do
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-billion-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
This position performs systems analysis work and technical activities required for DIR’s outsourced shared services contracts. Acts as an Operations technical contact and working counterpart with the service delivery tower leads and technical architects from the outsourcing Service Provider’s. Provides on call support for Major Incidents working closely with service delivery tower leads and provides updates to leadership. Works under minimal direction of the Operations Division Director with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Leads and contributes to the creation of service delivery processes developed by the Service Provider. Specifically: Incident, Access, Security, Request, Event, Change, Service Level, Problem, and Availability Management.
- Provides expert technical and operational guidance to DIR engineering in support of new contract services.
- Provides expert technical and operational guidance to Service Delivery in support of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes and provides oversight of major incident management.
- Provides expert information and advice regarding server, network, mainframe and data center environments; provides overall guidance to the Service Provider Account Team regarding the operational related needs of DIR and DIR customers.
- Work with Service Provider(s), DIR Service Representatives and/or DIR Customer Agencies in identifying, escalation and troubleshooting to resolve network, compute, storage, and application issues, performance problems to include after hours on call support as needed and communicate status to leadership.
- Monitors service provider’s technology architecture and standards; assesses service provider’s quality of technical support and ensures appropriate on-going receipt of services from the Service Provider; analyzes service level metrics reports and data exports to assess Service Provider on-going server performance; uses automated tool to analyze data exports and spreadsheet data addressing usage of capacity, disk storage, tape, etc.
- Reviews performance reports and identifies issues or opportunities for continuous improvement; develops or enhances server and network related performance metrics to facilitate evaluation of work activities; reviews benchmarking approach and participates in server benchmarking activities; develops and recommends modifications to server related DIR information technology infrastructure standards.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in MIS, computer science, math, or a related field.
- Additional work-related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis (High-school diploma required.
Experience and Training Required
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the IT industry including managing complex server environments, including capacity planning, operating system upgrades, system software upgrades, and implementing server hardware upgrades. Some experience must be hands-on system programming, system software installation and database administration.
- Four (4) years of experience working on Network/Server/Security Incident Management and escalations on a 24 x 7 on call basis.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a multi-service component provider environment.
- Two (2) years of experience working with or managing a disaster recovery program.
Experience and Training Preferred
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE certifications.
- Experience with datacenter architecture best practices.
- Experience with Software Defined Network, Software Defined WAN and Software Defined Data Center is a plus.
- Experience with different cloud deployments with different cloud providers a plus.
- Experience with datacenter enterprise WAN acceleration, load balancers, firewalls, routers and switches is a plus.
- Proficient with BMC Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Extensive server related planning and operational experience, including troubleshooting and resolving complex server problems or issues.
- Extensive experience leading, inspiring and building trust among stakeholders.
- Experience Integrating systems.
- Experience defining IT security policy.
- Experience identifying and resolving technology and business risks.
- Extensive experience in implementing upgraded server hardware and system software.
- Experience in hands-on management and use of enterprise DBMS environments.
- Experience working as a server system programmer or technical expert.
- Experience using database management systems in conjunction with web development tools to create web input and reporting front-ends for database tracking and reporting systems.
- Experience working as a server technical lead on infrastructure transition or transformation activities, especially involving multiple facilities or data centers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of business practices and approaches.
- Knowledge of enterprise DBMS environments.
- Knowledge of server hardware and system software.
- Knowledge of Texas state agency server technology and service delivery operational processes.
- Skilled in influencing, negotiation, and problem resolution.
- Skilled in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating work assignments.
- Ability to think strategically and focus on results.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities.
- Ability to sustain effective client to service provider business relationships.
- Ability to forecast server computer resource requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and project team members.
- Ability to gain and maintain the cooperation and participation of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain service orientation and effective and cordial working relationships with multiple business units and IT technical stakeholders at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional overtime and/or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Regular and punctual attendance at the workplace.
- Criminal background check.
- Frequent use of computers, copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking.
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Infrequent lifting and climbing.