Open Until Filled
Project Manager IV (Senior Project Manager)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Navy – 2160; Army- 255Z
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Operations Office/Project Management Office
$5,784.58 - $7,242.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
Performs advanced (senior-level), cross-functional, enterprise-level project management work. Work requires extensive project management skills; planning, coordinating and monitoring of project related activities, to ensure efficient and timely project delivery. Also involves providing consultative services and technical assistance to agency staff and contributing to the development and continuous improvement of agency-wide project management processes and procedures.
Required to work with vendors, customers and agency staff & management to plan and coordinate project tasks and deliverables. Involves routine communication with all project stakeholders. Requires a background in Information Technology and/or experience including but not limited to working on Information Technology Infrastructure (data center) and/or Information Security related projects. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides project management services, utilizing standardized project management methodologies, tools, and techniques – including the ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with applicable stakeholders
- Scope Management, Time (Schedule) Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human Resource Management, Communications Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management, Project Stakeholder Management and Integration Management.
- Coordinates multiple priorities while maintaining consistency and effectiveness of active, simultaneous projects
- Collaborates with multiple teams within DIR, and sometimes other agencies;
- Documents and monitors all appropriate legal and contractual matters related to projects and works closely with DIR’s Procurement Office
- Analyzes PMO procedures for continual process improvement; facilitates and/or makes recommendations for improvements as appropriate
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technical and administrative developments related to program functions as necessary and/or required
- Provides effective leadership, guidance, and critical communications to project team(s) while promoting and contributing to a cohesive team environment
- Monitors project performance; makes recommendations for and/or facilitates problem resolution as appropriate
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, engineering, or business; or
- Additional job-related experience may be substituted for formal education on a year-for-year basis. (High School diploma or equivalent certificate required)
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an Information Technology field. Familiarity with project management methodologies and processes; OR
- Minimum of five (5) years of experiences as a project manager, in an Information Technology related field.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience with Data Center Services such as server administration, network administration, cloud computing and integration
- Experience with Application Development, Integration of Software Applications and/or a background in Information Security
- Experience in Business Analysis; Requirements gathering and tracking, test planning and execution
- PMP certification is preferred but not required
- Experience with customer and vendor relations
- Experience with Procurement processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong working knowledge of project management methodologies and processes, applicable to complex technology and business improvement projects.
- Ability to develop effective plans and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively plan, assign, prioritize, and coordinate the work of others while promoting and contributing to a team environment
- Skill in identifying and communicating project performance metrics
- Experience with project and portfolio management software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Information Technology and Business Analysis related topics; ability to capture and track project requirements and deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of contract oversight tools and techniques.
- Ability to evaluate a third-party vendor’s performance; and adherence to local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of the project undertaken.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously; demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Ability to think creatively in order to analyze and solve resource, cost, schedule, policy, or other potential problems that could jeopardize projects and programs as they arise.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive and accurate schedules and reports; to perform evaluation and effective presentation of pertinent data in a clear, concise manner; ability to prepare and/or make presentations to various groups
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts; to devise solutions to problems; to prepare reports; to develop, evaluate, and interpret policies and procedures; to communicate effectively;
- Advanced skills in finance, cross- cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to engage, facilitate, and interpret customer needs, issues, concerns, and business requirements.
- A keen sense of customer focus and customer commitment
- Ability to work well under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks; ability to produce a high degree of accuracy in work
- Ability to understand, follow, and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing -- in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise courtesy, tact, professionalism, and diplomacy in all communications
- Ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels, and to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet program goals and deadlines
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments -- e.g. project management, word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Frequent work under stress and in direct contact with others
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional local travel
- Infrequent lifting and climbing