Business Analyst IV
(Enterprise Relationship Manager)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army-25B; Navy-682X; Marine Corps-8846; Air Force-3D0X1
Number of Vacancies:
COO / Customer Service Operations
$6000.00 – $7500.00
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 West 15th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
The Enterprise Relationship Manager performs highly advanced business analysis work serving as the primary customer service liaison between DIR and statewide customers that receive DIR services to include Data Center Services, Managed Security Services, Texas.gov Application Development and Payment Services, Communications Technology, Information Security, and Cooperative contracts. This position facilitates effective communication, planning, requirements definition, issue escalation, and information sharing among DIR, agency customers and the service provider (vendor) regarding day-to-day service delivery. Work involves the performance of post-implementation support of services and systems and support of the systems development life cycle. This position works with the Director of Customer Service Operations to ensure outstanding customer service, adherence to quality standards and performance metrics, and continuous improvement. Works under minimal direction of the Director of Customer Service Operations with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Participates in the onboarding of new Shared Technology Services (STS) customers, serves as the point of contact between the customer, DIR internal stakeholders and STS Service Component Providers (SCP); includes fully onboarding new customers to STS (from initial request to receiving services in an operational/production state).
- Works directly with customers to ensure a positive experience and results including improvements to the quality of information technology services and solutions from DIR provided services.
- Acts as point of contact, customer advocate, and liaison between representatives from DIR customers and the service provider regarding customer service issues, management issues, and escalated performance issues; coordinates with DIR customers, service provider, and DIR expert staff regarding root cause problem analysis/resolution and change management concerning satisfactory customer services.
- Enhance customer experience by performing root-cause analysis of customer care procedures and metrics to identify improvement opportunities, recommend solutions, and implement process improvements in accordance with department strategies.
- Consistently evaluates processes and systems and implements process improvement measures to generate higher efficiency.
- Participates in service provider status and problem-solving meetings representing the enterprise and customer perspective; collaborates with other DIR technical experts to identify and analyze problems, trends, and issues and addresses them to resolution
- Assists with development and evaluation of customer service performance metrics in coordination with the DIR Governance Specialist and the DIR Performance Management Specialist to capture and benchmark customer satisfaction regarding DIR’s performance in serving its STS customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business administration, computer science, computer engineering, MIS, or related field.
- Two years of additional related work experience may substitute for each year of formal education (High School diploma or equivalent certificate required).
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Five (5) years of IT customer service/business relationship management experience working as a liaison with internal or external customers to answer questions, solve problems, plan, or define requirements; experience establishing and maintaining effective communications, a service orientation, and an effective working relationship with multiple business units and IT technical stakeholders
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working either directly or indirectly with IT infrastructure: mainframe, servers, networks, document processing or other IT infrastructure hardware and software.
- Three (3) years of experience preparing technical issues reports and communicating report information to customers and leadership.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience serving as an IT project coordinator, project manager, infrastructure manager, or IT technical expert lead.
- Experience participating in IT infrastructure planning and plan execution activities, preferably in a Texas state agency environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Texas state agency IT related processes and requirements; working knowledge of multiple state agencies preferred
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and demonstrated understanding of data center environments
- Knowledge of organizational and project management best practices
- Knowledge of data communications, networking, computer programming and systems analysis
- Knowledge of trends and direction of emerging technologies and their potential application and value
- Skilled in using good judgment
- Motivational and interpersonal skills and skilled at influencing others
- Skilled in negotiation and problem resolution
- Skilled in effective leadership and decision making
- Skilled in influencing, negotiation, mediation and problem resolution
- Skilled in analysis, including quantitative analysis
- Must be able to teach customer service skills
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues appropriately under high pressure situations
- Ability to understand and articulate the IT infrastructure requirements of business unit stakeholders, especially in a Texas state government setting
- Ability to understand issues and technology opportunities, and the proper way to handle them in a Texas state government setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and project team members; to make effective presentations in formal and informal settings
- Ability to establish and maintain a service orientation and effective working relationships with multiple business units and IT technical stakeholders
- Ability to sustain an effective client to service provider business relationship
- Ability to understand and support the forecasting of IT infrastructure resource requirements
- Ability to address service provider (vendor) service delivery issues in a Texas state government agency context
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, execute, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities
- Ability to gain and maintain the cooperation and participation of others
- Ability to develop and decipher sometimes complex customer service metrics
- Ability to track and report information (to the executive level) on customer service data
- Ability to produce creative ideas to meet customer service standards.
- Ability to lead and supervise teams and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels in the Department, State Auditor’s Office, Legislative Budget Office, and the Governor’s Office
- Ability to work occasional overtime and/or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing