When your publicly funded organization requires voice, data, wireless, video, or Internet services, DIR’s Telecom unit makes procuring these services easy and cost-effective. Telecom serves state and local government agencies and institutions of higher education in three ways:
Telephone service within the capitol complex is provided by DIR's Capitol Complex Telephone System.
Telephone service (other than CCTS), data circuits, Internet, and video services are available to Texas cities, state and local government agencies, local school districts, and institutions of higher education statewide through TEX-AN.
Other contracted services negotiated by DIR Telecom are available to all government agencies:
Why Do Over 850 Organizations Use the Products and Services Provided by DIR Telecom?
- Save time and resources. There’s no need to complete a lengthy competitive procurement process because we’ve already done the work for you. All of our contracts meet the state’s competitive solicitation requirements, so your organization can get back to doing what it does best.
- Increase your buying power. When you purchase through DIR, you have the buying power of the State of Texas on your side, bringing you highly competitive prices.
- Customer service you can count on. Our experienced team is here for you every step of the way, committed to meeting your needs with reliable, cost-effective, and technologically advanced communications and networking solutions.
- We make it easy. We bring you the communications products and services you need, in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, with a number of value-added services such as solution development assistance, ordering, and all-in-one consolidated billing (EXCEPTION: wireless service, managed services, and conferencing are billed separately, direct from the vendor).
- Get the latest and greatest. We continuously evaluate our offerings so you have access to the best and most current technology products and services on the market.
- Flexibility. Just because the telecom service you need isn’t listed here doesn’t mean that we can’t provide it. If you don't see what you're looking for, we may be able to tailor a plan that gives you what you need.
DIR Fees for Telecom Services
The Communication Technology Services (CTS) division delivers a range of services to its customers and charges administrative fees to recover costs associated with managing the program. Fee percentages are as follows:
TEX-AN and CCTS Services
- 12% for vendor-provided services
- 4% for Go DIRect Tex-AN NG Service, including local service contracts
- 2% for GO DIRect wireless services and conferencing
- 0.5% for GO DIRect managed telecommunications services
- Revenue is also derived from operating the Capitol Complex Telecommunications System (CCTS), providing internet, transport and other services, and managing telecom projects at the customer's request. See pricing for DIR provided services (PDF - 99 KB).
For questions about Telecom bills or fees, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out if your organization is eligible to use Telecom products and services.
If you'd like to procure an item through an avenue outside of CCTS, TEX-AN, or Other Telecom Services, go to the Telecom Exemption section.